Scarborough has been my home for more than 30 years now. During that time I have tried to give back to this wonderful community through a number of volunteer and elected positions. I would now like to continue my community involvement by serving on the Town Council. I believe my experience, commitment and caring will help Scarborough as we face the challenges ahead. I ask for your support and your vote on November 8.
- Scarborough resident for 35 years.
- Husband Eric and 2 adult children, both of whom attended and graduated from Scarborough schools.
- BA in Education from Arizona State University.
- MA in Counseling and Student Personnel from Arizona State University.
- Certificate in Labor Studies from the New York State School of Industrial Relations at Cornell University.
- Self-employed as a labor relations consultant for over 30 years.
- Field Interviewer for the National Survey on Drug Use and Health.
- Scarborough Board of Education: member; served two terms (2002-2004 and 2007-2009); served as Board Chair in 2007.
- Scarborough Charter Review Commission: member; served in 2000 as Vice-Chair and in 2010 as Chair.
- Scarborough Comprehensive Plan Committee: member; served in 2005.
- Scarborough 350th Committee: member; served as Chair.
- Scarborough Chamber of Commerce: current member of the Board of Directors and past President.
- Scarborough Kiwanis Club: long-time member and past Chair.
- Scarborough Special Education Parents Organization: founding member.
- Mainely Character Scholarship Board: member and former chair.
Priorities for Scarborough
- Maintain a balance between municipal/school budget demands and tax rates that are affordable for all residents.
- Strive for measured growth of the Town’s residential and commercial base while maintaining the small-town feel, cohesive neighborhoods and traditional land and marine uses.
- Ensure the continued excellence of Scarborough’s school system.
- Create a community environment that values all age groups and fosters interaction and understanding among them.
- Encourage a full public discussion of the municipal and school building/capital needs.
Donations to my campaign are much appreciated! Please make checks payable to Rosenblatt for Town Council and mail them to 18 Tall Pines Road, Scarborough, ME 04074. Thank you!